It’s always a joy to see one of our Honor Roll houses–in this case, Arneson Auctions–having the confidence to become more competitive. When we see the competitive spirit in Proxibid houses, we’ll try to bring it to the attention of our bidding viewers, as in this post.
One of our favorite auctioneers, Jim Arneson of Arneson Auctions (a Deforest, Wisc., house), has lowered his online buyer’s fee to 12%. He hasn’t placed reserves or high opening bids on a good consignment scheduled to run on Proxibid on Nov. 20. He has APN clearance. He also has customer-friendly terms of service, as in these examples:
- Again every effort has been made to describe & Photograph all items in this sale as accurately as possible.
- If you have any reservations/doubts about a sale item then please don’t bid on it.
- WE ARE NOT EXPERTS ON MOST ITEMS SOLD, BUT WE TRY TO FIND AND ANNOUNCE ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANY LOT THAT IS TO BE AUCTIONED. SOMETIMES DEFECTS OR PROBLEMS WITH AN ITEM SOLD WILL BE MISSED BY THE SELLER AND THE BUYER. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTIONS AND INSPECT EVERY INCH OF THE PHOTO PROVIDED. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR RESERVATIONS/DOUBTS, PLEASE CALL US AT 608-797-5086 AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP SOLVE ANY ISSUES ABOUT A LOT.
- You will be notified at the end of Auction via email with your items purchased. A 2nd invoice will follow soon after with your shipping charges added. Our Goal is to get your items sent to you 3-4 days after the sale. Please call with any concerns.
- We want you to be happy with your purchases and for this to be an enjoyable experience for you, and for us, and to that end we will endeavor to accommodate any and all reasonable requests. If you have questions about the merchandise the time to ask questions is well in advance of the live auction.
Arneson Auctions also has upgraded its photography to sharp, expandable photos.
Because of the lower buyer’s fee, good photography and friendly terms of service, Arneson has broken into the top 10 of our most favored houses. We intend to bid on Nov. 20 in his auction, and we encourage other Proxibloggers to join us and other houses to consider the benefits of competing in the same proactive manner for the business of online coin buyers.
Proxiblog is an independent entity with no connection to the auction portal Proxibid. Our intent is to uphold basic numismatic standards as established by the American Numismatic Association and the National Auctioneer Association and to ensure a pleasurable bidding experience not only on Proxibid but also on similar portals such as iCollector and AuctionZip.